COMING SOON – PLEASE JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO BE KEPT UPDATED. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS MORE THAN ONCE A MONTH.
Join us for 5 fabulous days of sewing in France! Spend your days sewing in our converted barn studio, pottering around the historic town of Confolens in the sunshine, having afternoon tea on the banks of the river at the Arts Cafe and browsing the many antiques markets and bric-a-brac shops.
• Arrive Monday with an airport pickup for those on the flight from Manchester-Limoges and Stanstead-Limoges flights, or make your own way and join us for a welcome meal on Monday evening at the Arts Cafe overlooking the river.
• 9.30am pickup on Tuesday from the town square to take you to the studio for a day of sewing. 5pm you will be returned to the town square and can spend the evening as you please.
• 9.30am pickup on Wednesday from the town square to take you to the studio. We will spend half a day sewing and then pause at 1pm when will will head back to the Arts Cafe for afternoon tea. The afternoon is then free for you to spend exploring the town and riverside walks.
• 9.30am pickup on Thursday from the town square to take you to the studio for a day of sewing. 5pm you will be returned to the town square and can spend the evening as you please.
• 9.30am pickup on Friday from the town square to take you to the studio for the final half day of sewing under your own steam. Transport to Limoges airport for the Manchester and Stansted flights will be provided. Those who have made other travel arrangements are welcome to stay and sew until midday.
• 2.5 days of dedicated sewing tuition in our purpose-converted studio plus and an extra half day of sewing studio access
• Airport transfers for the Manchester and Stansted flights
• Welcome dinner by the river on Monday evening
• Pickup and drop off everyday from Confolons town square
• 2 sewing patterns of your choice from the Sew Different and Size Me ranges
• Afternoon tea but the river on Wednesday and a homemade lunch Tuesday and Thursday
Accommodation is not included in the retreat. However, we would thoroughly recommend staying at the Arts Cafe who offer a choice of accommodation, from single rooms to family suites. All rooms have a shared kitchen area and outdoor balcony for those who would like to cater for themselves in the evenings. They are have two beautifully decorated luxury gîtes within the same building.
Travel is not included in the retreat cost. We have planned our itinerary around the Ryanair flights from Manchester to Limoges and Stansted to Limoges which run at similar times on the Monday, and return to the UK on Friday afternoon. However, there are plenty of other options. The Eurostar goes from London to Angoulème on a super-fast route that takes only 5 hours. In order not to miss the welcome meal on the Monday, we would recommend that you travel on the Sunday, stay the night in Angoulème and then take the coach Monday morning to Confolens. There are also other flights from Bristol, Leeds/Bradford, Southampton, East Midlands and Stansted that go to Limoges or Poitiers, (both are approximately an hours drive to Confolens) if you would like to add on a few extra days to your trip and see more of the countryside.
WHAT TO BRING:
You will need to bring your own fabric and matching thread. Although there will be the basics of haberdashery available at the retreats, we advise that you bring your own to ensure that you have what you need. You can browse the available patterns here to help you decide what to bring: