Sew Different are thrilled to be hosting a SEWCIAL this Autumn. Come along and join us for an evening of sewing related entertainment at Frocktails. Hand-in-hand with our evening sewcial there will be workshops that will run through the day on the Saturday. So why not make a full day of it!
All workshops 10.30am – 4.30pm
Dress in a Day – make the best selling Tulip Dress from start to finish with help every step of the way. This super-easy Sew Different pattern works really well on nearly every body shape and looks great in so many different fabrics from a lightweight cotton to a cosy corduroy. The pattern sizes go from a UK8-26. A great project for those who have never sewn anything for themselves before! Have a look at the blog post for more details about this dress. No zip required. Just bring along 2 metres of your own fabric – the pattern worth £15 is included. Sewing machines, all other equipment and a light lunch are provided. £85 day workshop only/ £110 to include evening ticket (£10 saving)
Tree, vlogger from Stitchless TV will be hosting a workshop to make her Sculptural Bucket Coat. Stitchless TV is for people that want to make clothes but don’t have the time or the skills to do complicated dressmaking. As the designer of this fabulous statement coat, Tree will be there to help you plan, hack and create to your hearts content. Her Youtube channel specialises in creating unique pieces for an individual look. This workshop is ideal for sewists with some experience! Just bring along 3 metres of your own fabric (and an optional 15metres of bias binding for Hong Kong seams) – the pattern worth £15 is included. Sewing machines, all other equipment and a light lunch are provided. £85 day workshop only/ £110 to include evening ticket (£10 saving)
The Weekend Bag is the perfect casual, hold-everything bag combined with the usual style you would expect from Sew Different. Bag designer, Tara, of Lovehandles will be hosting the workshop and can teach you everything you need to know from strong stitching to mixing and matching your fabrics. She will have a selection of leather for handles. Just bring along your own fabric and cotton – the pattern worth £15 is included. Sewing machines, all other equipment and a light lunch are provided. £85 day workshop only/ £110 to include evening ticket (£10 saving)
Frocktails (evening only) • 6-9pm • £35 • Ticket includes:
• A “Stitch-me-up” welcome cocktail.
• 2 course evening meal. (Please email me at [email protected] to request the vegetarian option.)
• Tree from Stitchless TV, celebrity sewist and vlogger will give talk on her career as a Youtuber.
• Brand new patterns – The launch of the new Sew Different pattern – be the first to have it (and at a discounted price.)
• Best Dress Competition sponsored by Fabworks – prize of a £50 voucher for fabric along with a personal tour around their warehouse – a VASTsecret stash of amazing, unseen fabrics. For those who want to showcase your skills and take part in our competition, no need to enter beforehand – just turn up in your best handmade creation. On our judging panel is Lauren Guthrie from the GBSB, blogger, Hila, from Saturday Night Stitch and Tree from Stitchless TV .
• Catwalk Show – be inspired by our show of home-sewn dresses, jackets and coats featuring a range of patterns for all seasons. Designer, Laura Casey from Sew Different, will talk about which patterns suit which body shapes and Saturday Night Stitch will model a selection of garments from her vast and stylish home-sewn wardrobe.
• Fabworks present an exclusive range of high quality fabrics – from wools to crepes and velvets – perfect for creating your Winter wardrobe. All of these fabric are limited edition pieces, many of them exclusive to Fabworks. Once it’s gone, it’s gone! Be the first to see the brand new Winter stock!
• FREE fabric swap for charity – Time to go through your stashand bring along your unwanted pieces of fabric. Swap them for something new. Donations go the Alzheimers Society.
The Venue is the stylish lounge at Hub 26, (BD19 4LN) which is at junction 26 of the M62, just south of Leeds in West Yorkshire. For those of you who want to travel up and make an overnight stay, there is a Premier Inn just a 5 minute walk away, or the Gomersal Lodge and Gomersal Park Hotel & Spa are just a 5 minute drive.
PLEASE NOTE; this is event is still in planning so there may be some changes to the events.